Article Intended For
Penn State faculty and staff who will install and configure the MyE911 emergency response application on a self-managed desktop, laptop, or tablet with a Windows operating system.
In this article:
- Device Requirements
- Four Steps to Complete the Installation
- Alternate Addresses
- Modified Installation Instructions
- MyE911 Management Options
- To Get Help
The images associated with the instructions below may vary slightly based on your device.
- Your Penn State telephone number is set up with softphone calling capability, you have the current softphone applications installed, and your PSU ID is set up to make and receive calls on your device.
- Your device must be running Microsoft Windows 7.1 SP1 or Higher.
Four Steps to Complete the MyE911 Emergency Response Application Installation
- Download and install the application
- Register your device with MyE911
- Set your locations in the MyE911 Web Portal
- Validate your first location by dialing the 933 Validation Center
- Download the application from Software at Penn State.
- Click on the Penn State button to logon.
- Find MyE911 in the Productivity section.
- Click the Download button.
- Click Download on the file.
- Click on the Software Installation File in the bottom left corner of your browser or open it from your Downloads folder.
- Click Next.
- In the Advanced Settings window, copy and paste the URL, https://anywhere.e911cloud.com, into the “Redsky Cirrus Cloud Host” field and click Save.
- Specify a specific destination folder (optional) and click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish.
- The MyE911 application will open a Device Registration window. Enter your Penn State email, formatted as email@example.com.
- Click Send to receive a secure Verification Code in your email.
Note: If you do not receive the "Device Registration" pop-up window below, Open MyE911 from your Programs.
- Copy the Verification Code from the email (This email may arrive in your Spam folder).
- Enter the code in the Device Registration Window and click Verify.
If you do not see a Device Registration window or you see this notification, please
skip to the modified instructions to complete the installation.
You can add, remove, and store multiple locations for your device, e.g., home, campus, or hotel. However, only ONE will be considered your current location at any time. You will use the Manage Locations menu item in the portal to make changes and select your current location.
- Right-click the MyE911 Icon in the system tray.
- Select Open.
- Click Manage Location on the portal webpage.
- Click Add Location and Set as Current button.
- Complete the open fields in the Add Location window.
Include a name for your location, its physical street address, city, state, and zip code.
Add more specific information in the Location Information field, such as an apartment number.
- Click Add and Set as Current Location.
Note: If you receive an error stating that the “address provided is not properly formatted,” or you want to enter the name of a campus building, please skip to the section below titled Alternate Address.
- Open the softphone application on your device and Dial 9-3-3.
- Listen for the 933 Validation Center audio to confirm your phone number and location.
Note: If your phone number and location confirmed by the 933 Validation Center do not match your current location, submit a ticket through the Penn State IT Help Desk for assistance.
(example shown in the Jabber softphone application)
Use an Alternate Address if you received an error message, “The address provided is not properly formatted,” or if you want to use the name of a campus building as a location.
- Click the Alternate Address view located beneath the Address field.
- You can keep or change the Location Name in the Add Location window.
- House Number is either your house or office number.
- Street Name is either the street name or a campus building name.
- Enter City, State, and Zip.
- Click the blue button “Add and Set as Current Location” to save the location.
These instructions are for anyone who can not proceed with the installation as expected. You will continue the installation directly through the MyE911 Portal.
- Open the MyE911 Portal: https://mye911.anywhere.e911cloud.com/.
- Enter your Penn State email and click Next.
- Follow the online instructions to Register Your Device and Set Your Current Location.
- Complete the installation by Validating Your Locations with the 933 Validation Center.
Note: MyE911 will NOT prompt you to the validation step
You can access management options such as changing your current location, adding/removing locations, user details, and an application help guide.
You can perform the actions below by right-clicking the MyE911 application icon in your system tray:
- Open: This opens the MyE911 portal, where you can access these additional options from the Menu Selector on the left
- My Location: validate that MyE911 correctly detected your current location
- Manage Locations: add, remove, and set your current location
- User Details: view & update your information
- Help: review the current User Guide
- Snooze: Snooze location input prompts for up to 24 hours
- Settings: Edit the setting input911
- About: MyE911 application Information
- Exit: If you exit MyE911, your location will no longer be sent to an emergency response center upon dialing 9-1-1.
Please submit a ticket through the Penn State IT Help Desk for further assistance.